Monday, June 15, 2009

 

ANC vs. DA

I recently asked my friend's little girl what she wanted to be when she
grows up.
She said she wanted to be President some day.

Both of her parents, ANC supporters, were standing there, so I asked
her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?"
She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her
parents smiled hugely.

"Wow...what a worthy goal." I told her, "But you don't have to wait
until you're President to do that.
You can come over to my house for a morning and mow the lawn, pull
weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you R100.
Then I'll take you over to the supermarket where the homeless guy hangs
out, and you can give him the R100 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in
the eye and asked:
"Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can
just pay him the R100?"

I said, "Welcome to the DA!"


Labels: , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]